Tonight I’ve decided to try QRSS on MF and while I was transmitting I’ve seen on DK7FC grabbers a strange signal between mine and IK1HGI’s. The call was C7MW which prefix is allocated to the World Meteorological Organization. With Stefan’s RDF spectrogram is possible to see on the next picture that signal comes from E/W direction.
Just now my U3S transmitter is blocked in TX condition as is possible to see in the next picture:
The continuous line over 475.740 is my signal more than one hour long. The problem is that it was an unmanned operation and I’m not at home now. Strange […]
Timestamp Call MHz SNR Drift Grid Pwr Reporter RGrid km mi 2016-09-27 02:40 IK0VVE 0.475692 -29 0 JN61km 0.05 WD2XSH/17 FN42pb 6626 4117 […]
Finally my signal came out from continental Europe reaching Iceland.
44 stations copied my signal and 3 times TF3HZ received my weak signal:
Timestamp Call MHz SNR Drift Grid Pwr Reporter RGrid km az 2016-09-19 22:16 IK0VVE 0.475774 -28 0 JN61km 0.05 TF3HZ HP94ad 3355 330 2016-09-19 22:08 IK0VVE 0.475775 […]
Last night was my second “serious” TX test on 136 kHz, transmitted Opera32 mode after an upgrade to the matcher.
To tune the antenna on 136 kHz I’ve build a couple of inductors over two hand cleaner soap bins. The first one was wound with enameled copper wire of about 1 […]
Due the lack of public MF grabbers on the net, last night I’ve tried to receive my signal in qrss10 with remote WebSDR system. I alternated the two transmission mode so to have an idea about where my signals were received.
With great surprise receiving myself on Twente WebSDR my signal was audible and even […]
For the expected solar storm of last 3rd August, I’ve planned a continuous 72 hours transmission of my MF station as QRSS10 beacon since 1st of August afternoon. I’ve monitored my signal on the MF grabber of Stefan DL7FC, comparing it with IQ2MI signal, downloading for the 72 hours a picture any 10 […]
This is my umpteenth upgrade to the TX antenna to try to get better general performance and get the possibility to work on 136 kHz without tons of electrical wires outside the terrace. The new layout is drawn in the next basic picture: I’ve passed from 4 top wire and a single vertical […]
Since my antenna was born as monoband for 630 meters, until today I’ve used an autotransformer built around the variometer. In these days I’ve tried to tune the antenna on 136 kHz, beginning to put some mH over mH to reach my goal. Arrived to 136 kHz I’ve sadly found that the autotrafo […]
To make a clean sweep of spagetti wires on the bottom of the antenna, to make my XYL happier, i tought to use the aluminium strip for the first section of the TX antenna.
After removed copper wires I connected the variometer to an old 4 el triband yagi for HF aluminium boom by a […]